The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Monday, February 27, 2012

5th Annual Oscar Contest Results


The Oscars are over and it's time to finally announce the winner of the Oscar pool. We had 110 people enter, but one person managed to win the contest outright with 22 correct picks. That ties my personal record and was really incredible showing. Honestly, I did a double take when I looked at his ballot. He only missed Best Editing and Best Documentary - Feature. Congratulations to Thomas Sentina!

I have included everyone that scored at least 17 picks, which was the same amount of picks I had this year.

22 Picks
Thomas Sentina (Winner)

20 Picks
Gary Gibson
Kent Bailey

19 Picks
Beth Hartnett
Preston Nicholson
James K Chambliss
Diane Guthmann
Philip Duong

18 Picks
Dave Guthmann
Kari Granlund
Shane Slater
Chelsea
John C. King
Chris Miller
Denexxel Domingo
Michael Johnson
Paul Kim
Patricia Mistric

17 Picks
Tim Wisneski
Kris Smith
Jimmy Orsag
Erica Adams
Geraldine
Matthew Partee
Megan Miller
Ryan Fernand
Katie Gillispie
Chris Frano
Neil Lapinsky

Congratulations to Thomas. I will be in contact with him shortly. I'm unsure if he is a LAMB. He didn't break my record to win the Fandango bucks, but he did win an iTunes gift card, two AMC movie passes, and his name will be photoshopped on the golden horse's ass. He is the closest person that has come to breaking my record and that is the most correct picks anyone has had in the five years I've been running this contest. I am really impressed.

If anyone thinks there may have been a mistake with their ballot, then leave a comment on this post. I double checked the top finishers and everything looks good. If there are no problems after three days, then I will close the contest.

Here are also some statistics from the categories that were a bit of a surprise.

15/110 predicted Meryl Streep for Best Actress
22/110 predicted Girl with a Dragon Tattoo for Best Editing
13/110 predicted Hugo for Best Cinematography
18/110 predicted Hugo for Best Visual Effects
9/110 predicted Undefeated for Best Documentary - Feature

Thanks again everyone for participating. See you next year for the 6th Annual contest.

No comments: