The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Aim Above Morality


“Vice. Virtue. It’s best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you’re bound to live life fully.” - Maude (Ruth Gordon)

Last night I watched Harold and Maude for the first time. I've been meaning to watch it, but just kept forgetting. I was looking at the Netflix instant watch on my Wii and what do you know? There's the film.

Part of the reason I've been meaning to watch it, is that I'm currently trying to write a film with what I was hoping would not be a too similar plot. Unfortunately, the film has a lot of similarities. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. Part of me thinks this script I'm writing is the most honest work I've done. The funny part is that I came up with the idea long before I ever watched this film. My plan was to finish the script by early Spring, then possibly shoot it in the summer.

Harold and Maude was a great film, so if you haven't watched it yet. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

No comments: