The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Live Blogging: The Oscars!


Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the 3rd Annual Oscar live blog! Yes, we are here again. E! is now live and I'm going live with them. Tonight is a big night. It's where heroes become legends. It's when dreams become realities. It's always a special day for movie lovers.

Unlike last year, I'm not right outside the Kodak. I'm rather a little less than 10 miles from the Kodak, but don't expect me to go down there. I'm be here in Culver City, but I promise to do a good job until I drink so much wine that I don't know what is going on anymore. That may be accelerate depending how quickly my ballot falls apart.

Like last year, I'm wearing my official Academy Awards t-shirt that I got last year. I'm also sitting in the same chair as last year. I'm hoping these are lucky charms. Let's see if it works.

Here we go...

*KEEP REFRESHING FOR LATEST UPDATES*


9:04 p.m. I got 16/24. Very disappointing. What can you do? Some years you do really well. Others you don't. That's the Oscars. What the hell can you do? There's always next year. At least I think my 22 wins is safe and no Fandango bucks will be given.

9:01 p.m. This is the second straight year when a very low budget film has won Best Picture. It's inspiring, but I still feel like Avatar was the more important picture to award. Oh well...

9:00 p.m. The Hurt Locker wins Best Picture. Way too quick and really awkward. No one knew they were even presenting Best Picture at my place. Not sure how I feel about that, but whatever.

8:56 p.m. Kathryn Bigelow wins it. Not a huge surprise, but still a big deal. Congrats to her.

8:53 p.m. Best Director is next. This should be a lock.

8:49 p.m. The Blind Side wins it for Sandra Bullock. My apartment is going crazy.

8:46 p.m. This is a long ass show. Damn.

8:41 p.m. Best Actress is coming up. This should be interesting. Will it be Bullock?

8:33 p.m. I liked how they had five friends introduce the nominees, then had the previous Actress winner announce the winner. Jeff Bridges wins it.

8:25 p.m. Best Actor next. This should be Bridges.

8:18 p.m. I just punched my friend in my head. Secret In Their Eyes has won! Hell yes!

8:15p.m. Foreign Language Film is next. This is huge.

8:09 p.m. The Cove wins Best Doc and The Hurt Locker wins Best Editing. Add two more wins for me regardless of how bad I'm doing tonight.

7:55 p.m. Avatar wins it. This was expected. Yay again. I feel like I'm doing much better than I am.

7:54 p.m. Up wins Best Score. Yay!

7:51 p.m. My sister just reminded me that they used a Beatles song. Props to Lori.

7:44 p.m. Honestly don't care how bad these Oscars are. My friends are here and I'm having fun.

7:39 p.m. In Memorian...

7:38 p.m. Avatar wins Best Cinematography. This Oscars makes no sense to me.

7:34 p.m. What a messed up Oscars. Nothing makes sense this year. Oh well...

7:28 p.m. Hurt Locker sweeps sound categories. Literally I just have to say, "Wow." Honestly, that's bullshit.

7:24 p.m. Anna Kendrick is part of Best Sound Editing. I think.

7:20 p.m. Julian is molesting me. Horror movie montage is going on. Not too bad.

7:11 p.m. Costume goes to Young Victoria. I'm redeeming myself.

7:09 p.m. Avatar wins it. I'll take it.

7:06 p.m. Art direction is coming up. This should be Avatar.

7:00 p.m. Mo'Nique wins it. Well deserved. Precious is doing much better than I anticipated.

6:58 p.m. Come on Anna Kendrick!

6:52 p.m. Star Trek wins Makeup. Yay! Precious wins with a huge upset in Adapted Screenplay. Literally a huge upset. Wow. I'm shocked.

6:38 p.m. Wow, this is really weird. Lots of upsets. My ballot is completely fucked.

6:35 p.m. Well, at least my record looks safe. Haha.

6:34 p.m. Wow I suck right now. Logorama wins.

6:31p.m. I take that back. Best animated short.

6:29 p.m. Docs categories next. Oh no!

6:19 p.m. There goes the perfect ballot. Fuck. Haha.

6:17 p.m. Hurt Locker wins. This could set the tone for the rest of the night. Not liking Avatar's chances anymore.

6:14 p.m. Hurt Locker or Inglourious Basterds? This is huge.

6:13 p.m. Looks like screenwriting is next. Adapted or original?

6:09 p.m. We're betting the next person to lose has to drink the olive juice. Gross!

6:07 p.m. Kyle is trying to caress me. We have many bottles of wine and many of us are not sober. It's like a free for all.

6:05 p.m. Weary Kind wins it. 3/3 folks. It feels good.

6:02 p.m. Original song up next. Early for Best Original Song. I guess they are not performing the songs tonight.

5:59 p.m. Up wins it. 2/2 so far. Two easy, predictable categories, but it's okay. It has eased my anxiety.

5:58 p.m. Animated feature up next.

5:54 p.m. Almost done with my first bottle of wine. This is not going to be good. At this point, who cares?

5:51 p.m. The perfect ballot stay intact. Haha.

5:50 p.m. Christoph Waltz wins! Very deserving and expected. He was so good in this film. No puns, but that's okay.

5:45 p.m. Best Supporting Actor opens the show.

5:40 p.m. I'm liking this so far. Props to Shankman and Mechanic.

5:38 p.m. The two host plan is going well so far. I mean Alec and Steve work well off each other. Both are very funny. Martin obviously has done this before and it's showing. Alec is just a funny guy as well.

5:36 p.m. Set design very nice. Very similar to last year. I like it. It has a combo of retro, but also very modern. Does that make any sense? Regardless I like it.

5:35 p.m. Here comes Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin. I hope this work out well. I'm a bit nervous.

5:33 p.m. Neil Patrick Harris is wearing a very shiny suit. I feel like this is too much of a broadway show already.

5:32 p.m. Digging the setup. Like how they introduced the best acting nominees.

5:31 p.m. Here we go.

5:27 p.m. 157 Oscar contest ballots. Thank you everyone. This should be very interesting. I think my record could be in trouble. This is it. I'm fucking nervous.

5:17 p.m. Julian has just arrived and proceeded to take off his pants.

5:15 p.m. T minus 15 minutes to the Oscars.

5:07 p.m. Watching the Oscars with my friends make this a much more interesting Oscars. Shout outs to Brian, Dres, and Kyle. Also, shout outs in advance to Julian and Nolan whenever the hell they show up.

5:05 p.m. I just don't dig the ABC coverage. They seem to try too hard.

5:02 p.m. Anna Kendrick is on ABC now. I'm in love and I'm not afraid to admit it.

5:00 p.m. Seacrest is almost done. Coverage this year was okay. Then again, every year feels okay. Switching to ABC.

4:52 p.m. I have to say Sandra Bullock looks like she is dressed like a winner. This could very well be her night.

4:49 p.m. I think I'm just going to stick to E! until the show. I just have a man crush on Seacrest.

4:35 p.m. Less than 30 minutes away from ABC's coverage. I'm getting a little nervous. Not going to lie.

4:31 p.m. Clooney has some long hair today. That's interesting.

4:29 p.m. I've drank less wine this year than last. That's a good sign.

4:15 p.m. I'm not liking Sarah Jessica Parker right now. Her dress is a fail in my opinion.

4:14 p.m. Wow Miley Cyrus's Mom is hot. My friend would fuck the shit out of her.

4:05 p.m. Time is just flying. This red carpet show is going okay.

3:58 p.m. Carey Mulligan and Sandra Bullock both looking fine right now. Then again, I think everyone looks hot on the red carpet.

3:49 p.m. I've finally caught up with the Oscar contest entries. We got over 150 entries. My fingers hurt.

3:14 p.m. Anna Kendrick has made an appearance on the red carpet. My day is now complete.

3:04 p.m. Seacrest is live on E! and Sam Worthington is his first guest. Another IE connection, how ironic.

2:50 p.m. Jessica Lowndes is on E!. That is one of my old boss's clients. It's amazing how big she has gotten in the last couple years. She's not a household name, but she's making a name for herself on 90210.

2:45 p.m. E! looks like they are going live on the red carpet in 15 minutes.

2:36 p.m. Now we have a bra segment. Wow. The Oscar contest entries are just coming in like rapid fire. We are going to pass 150, which is amazing. I think my record could fall today. I really didn't want to give away those fandango bucks either. Haha.

12:59 p.m. Now E! is doing a swimsuit segment. Otherwise, the coverage for E! has been so-so. Then again, there's a lot of time to burn until Seacrest shows up.

12:03 p.m. Hell yes. E! is talking about boobs right now. I love this segment.

11:13 a.m. I'm going to work on putting these Oscar ballots in my excel sheet. If anything interesting happens on E! I'll post. Otherwise, I may be gone for a little.

11:07 a.m. E! has just gone live. Let's hope the coverage this year doesn't suck.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Anna looks gorgeous! Love the dress.