The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

29


29 Years ago tonight, we lost John Lennon. Like last year, I'm just going to post a piece I wrote back in 2007. Next year, for the 30th anniversary, I will be writing something new. I just feel like the writing is more powerful if spread out rather than doing something each year. I want some time to pass, so I can continue to reflect on the man and his life as I grow older.

Feel free to read that piece unedited from December 8, 2007 HERE.

As I also posted last year, please take a moment at 10:50 p.m. (time of shooting) and 11:15 p.m. (time of death) eastern times to remember him and his legacy. It's amazing to think that 29 years later, his message of peace, love, and positive thinking are still alive. If only he were here today...

No comments: