The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Monday, April 20, 2009

Why I Should Win a LAMMY: Part I

I know I don't get very much traffic, so I probably won't get enough votes to even be nominated, but I'm going to take this opportunity to quickly write why I should at least be considered. I'm going for two categories this year: "Best Theme" and "Best Blog Name". I simply put "Best Blog" just for the hell of it.

Best Theme:
I write about different things here and there, but I will always consider this an Oscar (or awards) blog first and foremost. Click HERE to read all the Oscar posts I've done.

I covered the Oscars better than any LAMB this year. That may sound pretentious, but I honestly believe it's true. I lived down the street from the Kodak Theater. That allowed me to take exclusive pictures of the Oscar scene. Click HERE for a stroll down memory lane. This was especially cool for a kid that grew up in a Massachusetts suburb. Would have never guessed I would watch the Oscars come together firsthand.

My Oscar prediction accuracy this year was also top notch. Click HERE to read some of the analysis. Quite possibly the best I will ever do in my life. I know I'm only 23, but this is my prime. I went an unbelievable (sometimes I still can't believe it) 22 out of 24. This prediction success won me numerous Oscar contests including a win in LAMB. Add this success to my great year in 2006 (21 out of 24) and two out of the last four years have garnered over 20 correct picks.

Oh, and how can I forget about my Oscar live blog, which I honestly think is my favorite and best post I ever did. Click HERE if you want to relive the magic. My live blog lasted roughly 10 hours long. That takes stamina and pure talent.

If I'm going to put this into movie terms, I'll put it real simple. My coverage of the 81 Annual Academy Awards is like my movie role that people will remember when I die. It will be included in the "In Memoriam" Oscar tribute. Are you really going to pass up an opportunity to not at least nominate me? I would prefer to win now than take home a makeup award in the future.

This is the Lammy I'm really going for all the way.

Best Blog Name:
The name of this blog is Spaghetti Sauce and Sweet Peas. Come on, give me a better name on LAMB that doesn't really mean anything, but can mean a lot if you really expand your mind.

I can't think of any, but if you know of any please let me know.

All I'm asking is to spread the love and give me a chance. I'm probably not going to win an Oscar, so at least give me a Lammy. I want to be able to tell my children about this.

Still not convinced, then click HERE to go to the front page of the blog.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I did a live Oscar blog this year, too. It was a blast!

I ended up trading jibes with comedian Kevin Pollak and his pals, mocking Hugh Jackman's bizarre opening number and posting countless catty comments about hideous dresses.

I plan on doing it next year.

Are you on Twitter? I'll follow you if you'll follow me ...

Twitter ID: shelikestowatch

Mikey Filmmaker said...

Sarah: I actually already follow you on Twitter, so I expect an add very soon. Haha.