The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

31 Days of Moustache: Tom Selleck


Name: Tom Selleck
DOB: January 29, 1945
DOD: Still Alive
Profession: Actor
Claim to Fame: Star of Magnum, P.I.
Prime YAM (Years Active with Moustache): 80s

Why It's Awesome:
Tom Selleck and Burt Reynolds always seem to be hand in hand especially when it comes to the 'stache. It must have been fate that they were randomly drawn back to back. As soon as Reynolds starting to fall in the 80s, Selleck took over. The 80s were all about Tom.

Selleck back in the day was a sex symbol. His starring role on Magnum, P.I. as Thomas Magnum is one of the great tv characters. I've never seen the show, but it has its cult following.

Unlike Reynolds, Selleck actually still has his 'stache (Reynolds has a goatee now). That definitely deserves a lot of respect.

Final 'Stache Rating (Out of Four Moustaches):

Selleck had one of the best 'staches of the 80s. My problem is that I just like Burt Reynolds more, so I can't give them the same rating. Otherwise, Selleck exemplifies the sex appeal in the 'stache like a pro.

2 comments:

Fletch said...

Booo! I like Selleck more - his is a 4!

Mikey Filmmaker said...

Sorry Fletch. Haha.