The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Slumdog's Bold Statement Gone Wrong

I just saw a commercial about Slumdog that said the following about the film:

"The Most celebrated... Most joyful... Most loved film of the decade."

The decade? What? The year I wouldn't argue with, but the decade? I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. It's statements like this that make people like this film even less. I really have a problem with them saying "the decade". Maybe, this is a mistake and this ad was never supposed to air. It did and it doesn't come off right.  Please tell me I'm not the only person who thinks this.

Fox Searchlight and Slumdog should be a little more gracious and humble.  You won the most Oscars since Return of the King and had the best awards run in history.  Congratulations, but you sound like a bunch of pretentious assholes.

2 comments:

Paul said...

I understand why they stated it that way, but I completely agree with you. As is always said after some college team gets a big upset and rushes the floor, "Act like you've been here before." Nobody likes a sore winner.

Caitlin said...

Oh for heaven's sakes - I totally agree. This wankery over Slumdog is getting way out of hand.