The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Slumdog wins ACE, ASC

This is absolutely unbelievable and unprecedented. I don't even know what to write here. Believe me when I do say that Oscar enthusiasts are starting to get really annoyed. A lot of us actually enjoyed this film, but give me a break. Slumdog has swept every major guild. This has never been done before.

Guilds: ACE, ADG, ASC, CAS, DGA, PGA, SAG, WGA
Critics: BFCA, plus a bunch of critics groups I don't feel like listing
Misc: Golden Globe, BAFTA, Scripter

When people look back at 2008, they're going to think this is the greatest film ever made.

I've been doing a lot of reading this weekend and I can tell you a lot of well known Oscar pundits are starting to seriously think sweep. I haven't fully jumped there yet, but I may by the end of the week.

No comments: