The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Live Blogging: The Oscars!


Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the 2nd Annual Oscar live blog! Yes, we are here again. E! is now live and I'm going live with them. Tonight is a big night. It's where heroes become legends. It's when dreams become realities. It's always a special day for movie lovers.



If you remember my live blog from last year, it was a little crazy. I'm going to be writing about all kinds of exciting stuff. I may leave for a little to check out the Kodak again. I also know I will be leaving to pick up a pizza down the street from Stefano's. I want to thank Cafe Audrey down the street for a cappuccino that has given me enough caffeine that I'm ready to go for a long time.

I'm also wearing my official Academy Awards t-shirt that I got the other day. I consider it my lucky charm this year. Let's see if it works.

Oh, and I finally want to warn everyone that I will be drinking some wine throughout the day, so if my writing skills diminish I apologize.

Here we go...

*KEEP REFRESHING FOR LATEST UPDATES*

8:59 p.m. Just an incredible night where I probably drank a little too much wine.  Not complaining though.  This one was for the ages.  I'm out for the night.  Thanks for reading.

8:57 p.m. Slumdog wins Best Picture. 22/24. Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Spaghetti Sauce and Sweet Peas have set a new record! 22/24!

8:47 p.m. Here comes Best Actor... Come on Sean... That was a great speech.  21/23!  I have matched my previous record.  I actually hope Slumdog wins now because I want the record.  Don't want to get screwed over by a Best Picture upset the second time in four years.

8:40 p.m. Here comes Best Actress... Kate should win this... Ms. Winslet finally has her Oscar!

8:24 p.m. Danny Boyle deserves Best Director... What the hell is up with him jumping up and down? Haha.

8:20 p.m. Best Foreign Language is next... Departures! I picked that!

8:17 p.m. In Memoriam...

8:03 p.m. Slumdog has won Best Song for Jai Ho!

7:56 p.m. Slumdog should also win Best Song.

7:55 p.m. Slumdog has won Best Score!

7:42 p.m. Here comes Jerry Lewis's Oscar.  Eddie Murphy is presenting.  That's appropriate.

7:34 p.m. Well, Knight has won Sound Editing, but lost Sound Mixing. Here's loss number two. This is the first time that Sound Mixing and Sound Ediitng have split when both have both nominated for both categories. This is surprising considering that Slumdog would win Sound Mixing, but lose Sound Editing.

7:30 p.m. Here comes Sound Mixing.  Come on Dark Knight!

7:29 p.m. Sound are key awards tonight. Let's see who wins... The Dark Knight has won Sound Mixing!

7:24 p.m. Visual Effects is next.  Button should win... That's what I'm talking about!

7:18 p.m. Well, Smile Pinki is a true upset tonight. Few people have predicted that to win.  We are now 12/13.  Few people picked Smile Pinki.  No reason to get upset.  We are still having a great night.

7:17 p.m. What a night! Let's hope for Conscience!

7:16 p.m. Man on Wire has won. 12/12 for Spaghetti Sauce and Sweet Peas!

7:14 p.m. Best Documentary is next. Bill Maher is presenting.

7:11 p.m. Heath Ledger has won. He has defied the odds to become only the second posthumous major Oscar winner (joining Peter Finch for Best Actor in Network).  I'm sorry, but that was one of the most emotional moments I've ever witness at the Oscars.

7:05 p.m. I love how they are presenting these acting Oscars.

7:02 p.m. I'm going to cry when Ledger wins...

6:59 p.m. Ledger may be up next. This is going to be emotional.

6:54 p.m. Jackman is on fire right now. I may be a little drunk, but seriously this is a great Oscar show!

6:48 p.m. Dare I say 10/10? Yes, I do. I'm the fucking man right now!

6:46 p.m. Live Action Short is next. Come on Toyland!

6:44 p.m. After watching this Pineapple Express clip I kind of want to get stoned.

6:40 p.m. I want to send a shout out to Julian and Trish. Both are avid Spaghetti Sauce and Sweet Peas readers. Looks like they are going over Sci Tech Awards.

6:35 p.m. 9/9 I'm freaking out! What a show!

6:32 p.m. I really like how they are presenting these Oscars. This is really a great show! Ben Stiller is unbelievable. Cinematography is next. Slumdog should win.

6:27 p.m. My Aunt just called me. My cousin is freaking out with Robert Pattison.

6:24 p.m. 8/8! That's all!

6:23 p.m. Here comes Make-up. Come on Button!

6:21 p.m. I may not break my record, but I'm just on fire right now. 7/7 folks!

6:20 p.m. Here comes Best Costume Design. They are really moving through these awards.

6:19 p.m. Nice shout out to Fincher. He deserves it. At least Button won't be shut out!

6:18 p.m. I'll I'm going to say is 6/6!

6:17 p.m. We're now at Art Direction. This is all about Button.

6:12 p.m. Folks this is what I like to call "On Fire". This is my year to re-establish myself as a legitimate Oscar pundit. We're 5/5!

6:10 p.m. I'm literally freaking out over here. These videos are going to be hilarious tomorrow!

6:09 p.m. Here's come Best Animated Short. Can Presto pull it off? Here's for Cubes...

6:07 p.m. WALL-E! Wins Best Animated Feature! No surprise there. 4/4 Spaghetti Sauce and Sweet Peas!

6:03 p.m. Spaghetti Sauce and Sweet Peas is now 3/3!

6:01 p.m. Slumdog wins its first Oscar!

6:00 p.m. It's Best Adapted Screenplay. Slumdog should take this.

5:58 p.m. That was emotional. What a great speech by Dustin Lance Black. I'm shedding tears right now.

5:57 p.m. Yes! Yes! Yes! This is for Harvey!

5:53 p.m. Next Original Screenplay is next. Come on Milk!

5:51 p.m. I have just screamed about five times. I'm fucking intense right now. I'm going for the gold.

5:48 p.m. Yes! Yes! Yes! 1/1 is Spaghetti Sauce and Sweet Peas! That's what I'm talking about. I am recording my reactions to some of these key races. I'll post them together.

5:46 p.m. Holy shit! Second standing ovation!... They are really pulling out all the stops when presenting these awards. Five previous winners for Best Supporting Actress. One of the best races of the night will open this show.

5:40 p.m. Hugh Jackman is on fire right now.

5:38 p.m. What a fucking opening number! That was hilarious! Hugh Jackaman has just knocked it out of the park. I'm speechless.

5:30 p.m. It's amazing to see those stairs leading to the Kodak. We're here it's the Oscars!

5:27 p.m. This is it folks. This is when heroes becomes legends. We're minutes away from the 81st Annual Academy Awards!

5:25 p.m. Holy shit! Five minutes away.

5:21 p.m. PriceWaterhouse Corps. have arrived. I wish someone would beat them up and find out who won the races. Seriously, it's too bad that actual Oscar vote tallies are not public.

5:18 p.m. We're about ten minutes away. Wow! This is really the final stretch folks.


5:17 p.m. I just opened my second bottle of wine. If I don't update this blog during the Oscar ceremony it's probably because I passed out. If that happens, then I ask whoever is reading this blog to please call me to wake me up. This message is specifically for Kyle or Dres.

5:09 p.m. I just finished a bottle of wine. I think I'm heading to no man's land ladies and gentlemen. This is what I like to call "No Holds Barred Live Blogging". It's very simple. I write what's on my mind, which is both good and bad.

5:06 p.m. Brangelina are interviewed for like two seconds. What's their deal? Seriously.

5:03 p.m. Josh Brolin and Diane Lane are one of Hollywood's true power couples... Amy Adams is on TV again. Seriously, she looks amazing.

5:01 p.m. E! is now gone. ABC is picking up coverage for the next 30 minutes. I'm sorry about ABC's coverage on the red carpet just sucks.

4:58 p.m. Did Seacrest just get dissed by Brad Pitt again for another interview?

4:56 p.m. This is the point in the live blog where I admit I'm chain smoking since I'm so nervous.

4:52 p.m. Seacrest is interviewing Winslet. Kate looks so tense. She should win tonight.

4:46 p.m. Giuliana just said how the women look gorgeous. They really do. They are just stunning tonight.

4:43 p.m. How hot is Penelope Cruz? I would say very. The most important question is will she win an Oscar? Only time will tell... What is up with Philip Seymour Hoffman? He's wearing a beanie. Not really approriate... Kate has arrived. She looks really good.

4:39 p.m. Hollywood's power couple (Brad and Angelina have arrived). They look great... The red carpet is absolutely packed. 3300 is the capacity of the Kodak. It's a full house.

4:37 p.m. Wow Marion Cotillard is looking damn good... Evan Rachel Wood is one of my dream girls. She's kinky and hot. What else could a guy want?

4:35 p.m. Arrested Development! That movie needs to be made like right now... Peter Gabriel! That guy is the fucking man. Haha!

4:33 p.m. Evan Rachel Wood is also looking fine tonight.

4:30 p.m. Josh Brolin won't win tonight, but I hope he gets an Oscar in the near future.

4:28 p.m. Mickey Rourke looks like one bad ass mother fucker. Sorry for the language, but there's no other way to describe him.

4:27 p.m. This is an awkward interview with Marisa Tomei.

4:21 p.m. Wow again! Anne Hathaway is wearing this silver dress that is practically see through.

4:20 p.m. Wow! Natalie Portman looks stunning.

4:16 p.m. OMG! Robert Pattison! OMG! My cousin, Jacleen, is probably freaking out right now (she thinks he is her boyfriend).

4:14 p.m. Amy Adams is less pure their her character (a nun). Haha. That's great to know. Seacrest asks some dumb questions sometimes.

4:11 p.m. Mickey Rourke is in the house. He's going with white and no tie (that's risky). He's even smoking a cigarette. What a fucking rebel!

4:05 p.m. I still want to know how Seal married Heidi Klum. I will say that that marriage gives someone like myself hope that I have a change with a supermodel.

4:04 p.m. Holy shit, Amy Adams! They just showed her dress. I'm going to go to the bathroom to relieve myself now...

4:03 p.m. Taraji Henson is really attractive. After watching Button you forget how good looking she is... Michael Shannon is now talking to Seacrest. He is not going to win tonight, but I love his performance in Road.

3:56 p.m. Seacrest is not horrible, but I still miss Joan Rivers. She was one of a kind... Danny Boyle is getting interviewed. Should be a big night for him.

3:54 p.m. Dev Patel and Freida Pinto a couple? They're denying it, but I have a feeling they are keeping it under wraps. Especially after that reaction.

3:52 p.m. I'm actually started to get use to the endless sound of a helicopter over my head. It's added an unexpected ambience to this live blog... Seacrest is interview Deve Patel and Freida Pinto. It will be really interesting to see what these two do after tonight. Will we ever hear from them again? Pinto is very attractive, but looks only take you so far.

3:49 p.m. Living by the Kodak, I literally can't believe how they have transformed Hollywood and Highland. No one would ever know that the majority of time it is infested with people dressing up as characters and filled with endless tourists. It's really a great place to host the Oscars though. It's a must see place for any movie lover.

3:46 p.m. Seacrest interviewing the Slumdog young cast may be the funniest thing I've ever seen on the red carpet.

3:37 p.m. Kevin Kline and Phoebe Cates are on the red carpet. She may be getting up there, but if I had to chance to have sex with her, I would would.


3:34 p.m. Above are some more pictures. I also wanted to post my final predictions once again.

Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire
Best Director: Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire
Best Actor: Sean Penn, Milk
Best Actress: Kate Winslet, The Reader
Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Best Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Best Original Screenplay: Milk
Best Adapted Screenplay: Slumdog Millionaire
Best Animated Feature: WALL-E
Best Art Direction: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Best Cinematography: Slumdog Millionaire
Best Costume Design: The Duchess
Best Documentary - Feature: Man on Wire
Best Documentary - Short Subject: The Conscience of Nhem En
Best Film Editing: Slumdog Millionaire
Best Foreign Language Film: Departures
Best Makeup: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Best Original Score: Slumdog Millionaire
Best Original Song: "Jai Ho", Slumdog Millionaire
Best Short - Animated: La Maison en Petits Cubes
Best Short - Live Action: Spielzeugland (Toyland)
Best Sound Editing: The Dark Knight
Best Sound Mixing:The Dark Knight
Best Visual Effects: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

3:32 p.m. OMG! It's Zac Efron! It's Vanessa Hudgens! OMG! Haha!

3:23 p.m. Can I be honest? I'm high on life right now. It's starting to sink in for me how special it has been to cover the Oscars this year... I'm probably in for the rest of the night. I'm not going to get any other cool pictures and I want to just enjoy the show and red carpet.

3:19 p.m. I'm back. Damn, it's fucking mobbed down there. People are coming in like crazy. Some are driving "normal" cars while I've seen a couple nice black limos. I got a couple pictures to capture the moment. Will post real soon. Here's Hugh Jackman. Imagine the pressure on him right now? It's got to be incredible.

3:04 p.m. Miley Cyrus and Emile Hirsch are here. The big stars are coming. I'm out and I'll be back real soon.

3:03 p.m. E! is live on the red carpet. Seacrest and Giuliana is here. Let's see how he does. I'm going down there real soon... I just want to make a quick comment about the unofficial show order. I think it's brilliant that they are starting with some heavy awards. Then, they are ending with Best Actor second to last (usually reserved for Director). I really like what I see here. I REALLY think this is going to be one hell of a show.

2:53 p.m. Speaking of Tom, Gold Derby has just listed an unofficial rundown of the show. His source was Cinemascopian.com Here it is:

5:38: Hugh’s opening performance

5:45:AWARD #1
ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE

5:51: AWARD #2:
ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

5:55: AWARD #3
ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

6:03: AWARD #4
ANIMATED FEATURE FILM

6:05: AWARD #5
ANIMATED SHORT FILM

6:14: AWARD #6
ART DIRECTION

6:18: AWARD #7
COSTUME DESIGN

6:20: AWARD #8
MAKEUP

6:30: AWARD #9
CINEMATOGRAPHY

6:36: SCI-TECH AWARDS RECAP

6:41: AWARD #10
LIVE ACTION SHORT FILM

7:03: AWARD #11
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE

7:08: AWARD #12
DOCUMENTARY FEATURE

7:10: AWARD #13
DOCUMENTARY SHORT SUBJECT

7:20: AWARD #14
VISUAL EFFECTS

7:22: AWARD #15
SOUND EDITING

7:26: AWARD #16
SOUND MIXING

7:29: AWARD #17
FILM EDITING

7:37: JEAN HERSHOLT AWARD
TO JERRY LEWIS

7:48: AWARD #18
ORIGINAL SCORE

7:55: AWARD #19
ORIGINAL SONG

8:01: AWARD #20
FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

8:10 In Memoriam

8:14: AWARD #21
DIRECTING

8:23: AWARD #22
ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE

8:31: AWARD #23
ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE

8:38: AWARD #24
BEST MOTION PICTURE

2:52 p.m. Okay, we're almost at the red carpet. I'm going back down there real soon. I was just thinking to myself that as annoying as Joan Rivers is. I actually miss when she did the red carpet show on E! The first day I ever watched the Oscars all day (way back in 2004 when I was still in Massachusetts) she was commanding the show with Melissa Rivers and Tom O'Neil. It was after watching O'Neil analyze the Oscars that I realized I too wanted to do it one day. Well, here I am five years later down the street from the Kodak. As I just said to Kyle a little while ago, I don't think I ever would have imagined that to be a possibility.

2:44 p.m. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams are E!'s hottest movie couple. That's hard to argue. I'll admit I've seen The Notebook and it's a solid romantic film.

2:42 p.m. My apologies, I was on the phone with a good friend of mine. No, not Sid Ganis. It was Kyle from The Unlimited Freedom Castle... So, we're about 20 minutes from the red carpet. I can honestly say that I'm very excited and nervous right now... Oh damn, I saw just my apartment on E! Granted it was a bird's eye view, but I was on television. Yes!


2:06 p.m. We're about an hour before the red carpet starts up. I was just down there again. It's getting more packed. I feel like I need to go back out there again around 3:00 or 3:30 p.m. I'll let you know. Above are pictures I just took (I'm well aware that some of them are similar to the ones I already took). Enjoy!

1:24 p.m. I may go back outside for a little. Want to see if anything exciting is going on.

1:05 p.m. John Cena is on E! with Ben Lyons. Wrestlers are just eating this publicity up. It's amazing.

12:55 p.m. I was just thinking that I think E! made a right decision this year by starting at 11 rather than 9. How much fashion can one man watch? Maybe women enjoy this, but it loses the appeal to me.

12:43 p.m. I seriously hate the Kardashians. Keeping Up With the Kardashians is honestly the worst reality show I've ever seen.


12:35 p.m. Here's a couple quick pictures I took. It's getting really pack out there.

12:10 p.m. I'm back folks. It's just unbelievable down there. I have some more pictures that I will be posting here very soon. First, I'm going to eat some pizza. Be patient.

11:37 a.m. Okay, I'm leaving to pick up a pizza and may take some more pictures if I can get something new and exciting. Be back in 30 minutes or so.

11:35 a.m. Ouch E! is taking a shot at Button for being too similar to Gump.

11:33 a.m. Yes! The sixth hottest couple is Noami Watts and Laura Harring from Mulholland Dr. They even showed the kiss. Who would have known you could get a boner watching E!?

11:28 a.m. E! is having dogs in the studio. Fun, fun. They are also doing a feature on eye shadow. Keira Knightley may be skinny as hell, but eye shadow is hot if done right.

11:19 a.m. Oh dam, John Cena is doing a wrestling segment. Haha.

11:17 a.m. I realize that things will be really slow for a couple hours. I do this to simply get excited for the actual Oscar telecast. Not going to lie, I'm curious who E! will name as their hottest movie couple since Titanic.

11:07 a.m. I have a confession. I have had a crush on Bobbie Thomas for like five years. She's always hot on these red carpet shows.

11:01 a.m. It looks just fantastic out there. Watching everything come together has given me a greater appreciation for this whole event. Great Kim Kardashian is back. I think I might quit now.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Dude! As long as Slumdog pulls out Best Pic, you will win the web-goddess Oscar Contest! (You're tied with one other person, but your dead person guess is closer.) Nearly there...

Kris said...

AND YOU WON! Congratulations. I've just sent you an email. :)