The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gooding Jr.'s Speech Greatest Oscar Moment?

VH1 just aired their 20 greatest Oscar moments in history. I am trying to find the list online, but can't seem to locate it. If someone can find it or if I find it, then I'll post it. Regardless, they named Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Oscar speech as the show's greatest moment. Number two was Indian Sacheen Littlefeather accepting Brando's Oscar for The Godfather. Third was Adrien Brody kissing Halle Berry.

I'm honestly not sure what the greatest moment is. There's not one moment that really sticks out to me as the very best. If I had to choose I would probably say Chaplin coming back to receive his lifetime achievement in the 70s. He came out of exile after 20 years for that award and it's a special moment to watch.

A guy (Gooding Jr.) dancing and yelling around the stage is not the best moment in the show's history. If it is, then I genuinely feel bad for the Academy.

I'm sure no one will comment, but what do you consider to be the greatest Oscar moment? Just curious.

No comments: