The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Frost/Nixon Provides Odd Theater Experience

So, I saw Frost/Nixon today, which I actually enjoyed. Went in with some doubts, but was proved wrong. Definitely one of the years best films.

Anyway, that's not really the point of this post. I went to the Arclight in Hollywood to see this film. More specifically the Cinerama Dome, which is a huge screen. It's very nice to see a film there. Hell, there's assigned seating.

There's a scene in Frost/Nixon where David Frost goes to a movie premiere for a film he was executive producer on called The Slipper and the Rose. Now normally this would be no big deal, but the premiere was at the Arclight's Cinerama Dome. So, there I am sitting in the theater watching a scene from a movie being shot where I was watching the movie. Does that make any sense?

Don't get me wrong, I didn't jump out of my seat and scream, but I thought is was just really weird. I said to myself, "Only in Hollywood."

Very true indeed.

No comments: