The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Past, The Present, and The Future


Welcome to the past, present, and future of this blog. I posted!?! I know can you believe it? I can't either. I probably won't post for another three months, so enjoy this post while you can. Emotionally become immersed in this post while you read every single word.

The Past: I was a blogging legend. I posted sometimes numerous times a day and people actually read and commented on what I wrote.

The Present: I work way too much. I don't make enough money. I have done things that would make some bloggers envious. Although, let's cut the shit and realize my life isn't sex and candy.

The Future: I have no fucking clue, which makes it somewhat fun and exciting. I'm 23 years old and I have no clue. I have a college degree. I have produced films that are in film festivals. I talk to agents, managers, and big time producers five days a week. I've got drunk with the child star of Free Willy. I greeted Anne Heche and Will Forte in the lobby. I've talked to Zach Braff, Justin Chambers, and Paul Dano. I've even met Jeff Goldblum in a bathroom. And finally, Corey fucking Haim welcomed me to Hollywood (long story).  Yet, the future remains completely wide open.

So, is this blog dead? I don't believe in death. The Oscars are coming up. I'm excited. Are you? I'm going to try to post and talk about them. Maybe not as good as last year, but considering the circumstances, take what you can get.

I don't know if you remember, but I'm the only blogger that lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theatre. I'm right in the center of the action. I'm the fucking man. And, I'm fucking back (I think)!

2 comments:

Reel Whore said...

Welcome back!

I have a question for a fellow blogger and LAMBer. I work way too much also, but mine isn't remotely related to what I'd love to do.

Do you have any advice on someone looking to edge into film with having only a passion for film but training as an engineer?

Fletch said...

Welcome back, amigo! I knew you'd be back and have held off on axing you from my Google Reader, as I usually cut people after a month of activity. But I know you've got a crazy schedule that doesn't allow much time for blogging.

Like you said - you're 23. You're in an amazing position to be in at your age, and you're working in the industry you love. It doesn't get much better than that. The big money, candy, and constant sex will come later, for sure.

In the meantime, I'm wondering (though I think I know the answer): had a chance to work on any more films and/or any news with the ones you've already worked on?