The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cannes Newsflash!

I want to clarify something quickly before I head to bed. Right now, the Cannes Film Festival is going on. It's arguably the biggest festival of the year. It's also the most mispronounced festival in the world. So, I ask the simple question, why do people insist that Cannes is pronounced like "khan"?

Sorry to report, but it's pronounced like "can".

Working in the film industry I haven't heard one person pronounce it as "khan", but rather "can" every time. Yet, I have had endless arguments with my friends during the last couple years about the proper pronunciation. I was told I was wrong.

Well, I'm happy to report I was right and that's that. I'm going to bed. The endless argument has ended.

1 comment:

Daniel G. said...

Hehe, nice. Thanks for clarifying - I was always going back and forth...