The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Little Tired, but Still Alive

Well, if you've been reading this blog you know that I recently started a new job. And, as I expected the amount of posts I do per week will probably decrease since the hours are so long and I'm tired when I get home. I don't feel like spending my time writing blog posts. I would much rather be relaxing with a cold beer. My plan is still going to be writing posts mostly during the weekend, then posting them throughout the week. We'll see how that works.

As for the job itself, it's been an adventure. Only been there for two days, but it feels like much longer for some reason. I'm just trying to get to know everyone and really get a feel for the place. The job also has its perks. The script database The Company has is incredible. I have access to thousands of scripts, so it keeps me occupied. The first one I printed was a draft of There Will Be Blood from January 2005 written by P.T. Anderson. It's amazing to see what survived the final draft of the script and what was changed. Believe it or not, the milk shake scene did not exist in the early drafts. The film also has a little different ending. Basically, there is an additional scene after the bowling scene.

As for everything else, I have no complaints. I'm just trying to do as much as possible and work hard. There's a lot of work to be done. I'll have much more in the future, but I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

soundtrackgeek said...

Wow, that's an awesome perk... the script thing. Love reading drafts.

What was changed? Tell us! :P

Mikey Filmmaker said...

I will, but it's going to take me a couple days to write about it since I'm exhausted right now.

Thanks for the comment!