The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Two Day Hangover


Two years ago, I went to Tucson, AZ with a couple friends. It was supposed to be a great weekend. A road trip for the ages. Everything was in place for it to go down in history. Then, I decided to drink Mike's Hard Lemonade. And, the rest was history. I experienced my first and only, two day hangover.

People laugh at me when I tell the story of the two day hangover. There was a great party in a hotel. Tons of people, lots of alcohol, and even security coming to tell us to be quiet. Everything seemed great. Then, I spent the whole night puking my brains out. I still haven't drank Mike's Hard Lemonade since. I don't think I ever will. The whole ride back from Tucson to Orange County was the worst car ride ever. I can remember staring out the window. My stomach was all fucked up. I felt like I had to puke, but didn't have anything left in my system. It was maybe one of the few times in my life when I didn't think I was going to make it.

Now, think about the 2007 Patriots. They are like the two day hangover. The first eighteen games of the season (the party) were great. You have a couple close calls (security telling you to be quiet). Then, they played the Super Bowl (puking all night). And, now we are in the aftermath (the long car ride from Tucson to Orange County).

I still have no idea what I'm going to do. Thankfully, the Oscars are close and may actually air with stars. Still, I don't know if I'm going to make it. I can't sleep. I've loss my appetite. I feel like I have a hangover. I was even driving today and Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" was on the radio. I changed the station in less than 10 seconds. I love that song and now I can't listen to his voice without thinking about the game. I love Tom Petty, but thank God I didn't buy tickets to go see him this summer because I would be forced to put the tickets on ebay. I don't even know if go back to Barney's Beanery. I might have to quit the trivia team. Too many bad memories.

What am I going to do? I can't take this. I'm going to take some ibuprofen for my hangover.

No comments: