The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Speaking of Milkshakes


Remember how a couple days ago, I was talking about how I really wanted to get a milkshake from Coldstone? Well, I got one (chocolate with peanut butter cups) yesterday and I was in for a huge surprise. Am I the only person that didn't know that Coldstone gives you 50% off if you say your favorite movie is There Will Be Blood?

I was talking to the girl behind the counter, saying how I really wanted a milkshake after writing so many blog posts about There Will Be Blood and how it was my favorite movie of 2007.  She rings up my order and the cash register reads $2.75 rather than $5.50.  Then, the girl looks at me and says, "Compliments of Daniel Plainview."

It's safe to say I drank up that milkshake and will be back again before the Oscars.

I completely made up that story, but if you go to Coldstone before 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, they do give you 50% off.

4 comments:

Dicking Your Dragon said...

As you do I also hate to leave readers waiting, and we both know people read this blog for my comment leave behinds as they do your posts. (Thank you for throwing some variety into it these past few days i thought we were going to have to have a boring talk again)

BUT ANYWAY - i found something here that you should look at being a boston sports fan and all. I might be a little worried.

http://www.babeslovebaseball.com/2008/02/pitchers-and-catchers.html

My triumphant return

Mikey Filmmaker said...

Haha! I thought I got rid of you. Where have you been? Contrary to your belief, your comments don't keep this blog afloat. Also, I have no idea what you expect from this blog. I cover the awards, movies, and Boston sports. And, thanks for the video, but I'm not worried.

I hope you're going to join the Oscar pool. Let's see if you can talk the talk and walk the walk...

scooterzz said...

i tried the coldstone trick and it worked!....but then the girl pulled out a very long straw and drank my milkshake...drank it up!! before i could leave the store.....

Mikey Filmmaker said...

I feel your pain. Maybe, the girl was just having a bad day?