The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sonny No Go

Speaking of Super Bowl XLII, I was planning to head to Santa Monica to watch the game. I wanted to check out a bar called Sonny McLean's. It's supposedly, The Boston Bar of southern California. Sadly, those plans have been scrapped after finding out there are only offering standing room only. That's a bunch of B.S. if you ask me.

It makes you wonder why there is only one Boston bar in LA? I've been jokingly to my family that I should open up a Boston bar. Why? Because you should be able to seat down and enjoy the game with your fellow transported New Englanders. Who really wants to stand up for probably at least six hours (you have to go early to even get in)?

I was hoping to meet my dream girl on Sunday, but now that will have to wait. I do still want to go to Sonny's just to check it out. See if is really all it is said to be. As for the game, I'll be at Barney's Beanery in Pasadena. And yes, I'll be sitting down.

No comments: