The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

R.I.P. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi 1917-2008

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi died today. He was 91. Maharishi introduced the world to transcendental meditation back in the late 50s. Then, roughly ten years later, had a famous training session with The Beatles, Donovan, Mia Farrow, Prudence Farrow, and Mike Love.

I always knew the guy was alive, but I always wondered how old he was. He looked 90 years old in the 60s, so I can't believe he was only 91 in 2008. I was beginning to think he would live forever or something.

I always wanted to try transcendental meditation. I hope one day I'll get the chance. It seems like a good way to deal with your body and mind. I could be completely wrong, but I have no problem sitting down, closing my eyes, and being completely silent for long periods of time. I could use the enlightenment.

No comments: