The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

No Country Wins PGA

Well, it has been announced that No Country for Old Men has won the PGA award tonight. I'll have more on this in the coming days. Basically, the film looks to be in great shape heading to the Oscars (they may actually happen). Right now it has the NYFC, DGA, SAG, PGA, Critic's Choice, and many other critic awards (too many to name). The WGA will announce their winners next week. And, it looks like No Country is the frontrunner for that award as well.

After months of doubt, many of these top races seem to be locked. I would say the only wide open race is the Best Supporting Actress. Best Picture, Director, Actor, Supporting Actor, Actress, Original Screenplay, and Adapted Screenplay are races that seem to be over. I could be completely wrong, but that's the feeling I'm getting.

I'm tired and going to bed. The Super Bowl is tomorrow and I live on the west coast (i.e. early start time).

No comments: