The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Looking Ahead to the 2008 Oscars

I'm slowly wrapping up the Oscar posts. I'll probably be finished by the end of the week. Being the Oscar blogger that I am, it's hard not to look ahead at the next year. Even though the award season is really only from September-Feburary, it still feels like a 12 month a year passion. It's like sports. I still follow the Patriots even though training camp is not until the summer. You can't help it, so in a lot of respects, I think you'll see an Oscar post here and there during the offseason. I'd be surprised if you didn't.

It's also never too early to look at the possible 2008 contenders, right? Yeah, I have no idea where these films will be in regards to the Oscar race. Half of them will probably be horrible. I just have collected a bunch of films that I think I could be blogging about a lot. Only time will tell...

Appaloosa
The Argentine
Australia
Blindness
Body of Lies
Burn After Reading
The Changeling
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Dark Knight
Defiance
Doubt
The Express
Frost/Nixon
Guerilla
Iron Man
Milk
The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency
The Reader
Revolutionary Road
The Soloist
Synecdoche, New York


Here's a VERY premature Best Picture lineup. Here it is:
The Changeling
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon
Revolutionary Road
The Soloist

Best Picture: Revolutionary Road

That's all I'm predicting right now. I will just say if Revolutionary Road wins the Oscar next year, then everyone that reads this blog should give me a high five whether it be real or imaginary.

1 comment:

fadedsilverscreen said...

My top pics for potential Oscar contenders are:

Revolutionary Road
Milk
The Argentine/Guerilla
The Reader
Synecdoche, New York

But predicting for the Oscars can be tricky, so I guess only time will tell.