The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ledger Died of Accidental Overdose

News broke earlier today that Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose. Really, just another tragic story of a young star. I looked at the list of the drugs in his system and part of me is angry. It's just stupid that he could think that he could take all those drugs and not pay for it. He combined pain killers, anxiety drugs, and sleeping aides together.

I respect Heath Ledger and will continue to look highly on his career, but I hope this is a lesson that people could once AGAIN learn from. You should consult your doctor before taking multiple medications and do it as instructed. I also don't buy that a doctor would prescribe that much to one person. This actually brings up memories of a paper I did on Elvis Presley back in college. Basically, his doctor just gave Elvis as much medication as possible and I believe he got in trouble for it after Presley's death.

I believe in medication, but sometimes I honestly think sleeping aides and anxiety drugs cause more problems than they're worth. They're other ways to cure your problem. Disagree if you want, but too many times in the past they have come back to haunt the person in a negative way.

R.I.P. Heath

No comments: