The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Drink Your Milkshake!


This is a great idea by Paramount Vantage. I was curious if they would try to use the milkshake campaign to their advantage and they did. Not going to lie, but if I was given a free milkshake at Coldstone I would vote for it.

Speaking of milkshakes, what's your favorite? Well, mine is from Coldstone. It's chocolate ice cream with Reese's peanut butter cups. It's extremely good if done right. You can occasionally get pieces of the peanut butter cup in your mouth and it tastes so good. Wow, now I really want to go to Coldstone and get one.

One other side note about this milkshake phenomenon. When I watched this movie before 99% of the general public with a bunch of P.T. Anderson buffs back in November, I can guarantee you no one thought of the milkshake craze. That whole movie hit me like a ton of bricks and the milkshake line never clicked with me the way it did the second time. I think I had a different mind set than most people when they watched this film the first time. I'm a huge P.T. Anderson fan and I came into the theatre with an idea of what it would be and was somewhat surprised as to how it turned out. I couldn't put the film into words. The first thing I said was, "I need to see it again." Where as other people just came into the theatre to see a great film.

I guess, I'm just pissed that I missed a great opportunity. I could have been the guy who purchased the domain, IDrinkYourMilkshake.com, but I never thought it would ever take off. That's the funny thing about the general public, you never know what's it going to catch on. I know Paul is surprised it has taken off so well and that's part of the beauty of it.

1 comment:

Fletch said...

I think I felt the same way about you after the movie ("I need to see it again.") Still saying that, as it's been a few weeks, and the milkshake craze has left me watching the clip on YouTube over and over. But it's not just the line, it's the whole scene. I'm just surprised no one's latched more onto the "Brother from another mother" line - that cracked me up...