Am I the only Oscar blogger that has this problem? Dreaming of little gold men. I've been dreaming of different Oscar scenarios for the last couple days.
I even had a dream where I met P.T. Anderson at the horse track. I started to talk to him about the Oscars, then he gave me the cold shoulder. He leaves and I begin to talk to Maya Rudolph about furniture. Don't ask...
We're less than a week away from the Oscars and there are so many questions that need to be answered. It's madness. Everyone thinks the Oscars are going to go one way, then something crazy happens. When is the last time that the Oscars went according to plan? Probably like 1928.
There will be upsets, but in what categories?
Ranking Most Unstable Categories (excluding shorts, docs, and foreign)
1. Best Supporting Actress - Which of the four serious contenders will win?
2. Best Cinematography - Can the curse of the ASC be broken?
3. Best Sound Mixing - Can Kevin O'Connell really go 0/20?
4. Best Editing - Does Best Picture really need Best Editing?
5. Best Costume Design - Will the Academy give Atonement something?
6. Best Art Direction - Will more elaborate art direction prevail?
7. Best Actress - Cotillard gave better performance, but does anyone care?
8. Best Score - Can an animation win this category?
9. Best Adapted Screenplay - Can the Coens win four categories?
10. Best Picture - Are people sick of No Country?