The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Anderson Wins Silver Bear!


Paul Thomas Anderson won the Silver Bear for Best Director at the Berlin Film Festival for There Will Be Blood.  Jonny Greenwood also won a Silver Bear for Outstanding Artistic Contribution.  Blood was also in competition for the Golden Bear, but Berlin gave it to The Elite Squad.  Haven't heard of the film, so I consider that to be an upset.  Although, the film is probably damn good, so look I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.

2 comments:

soundtrackgeek said...

So happy for Jonny Greenwood! Yay!

Mikey Filmmaker said...

Yeah, it was nice to see him get recognition after the Oscar fiasco. I don't know if you posted this on your blog, but is Blood is your favorite score of 2007? If not, what is? I'm just curious.