The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Looking Into 2008

I didn't have a chance to do this the other day, but I wanted to share with you some of my thoughts and predictions for 2008. I guess you could call it my outlook to 2008. This list is in no particular order.

- The Patriots will finish 19-0 and win their fourth Super Bowl in seven years. They'll probably have to get through the Jaguars and Colts to get there, but they'll pull it off. I have a gut feeling that the Green Bay Packers (not the Cowboys) will lose to the Pats in a Super Bowl XXXI rematch.

- The Patriots will re-sign Randy Moss, but will lose Asante Samuel to free agency. It's too much money to keep both of them and I think they'll keep Moss since his upside is much more.

- Johan Santana will not be traded to the Red Sox, but they will still win the World Series. This team is built for the future unlike 2004 and I like their chances. I think the Twins will keep Santana until the break and dump him to possibly the Yankees. It still won't matter, it will still be too late for 2008.

- The Celtics will go to the Eastern Conference finals, but I'm hesitant to predict their victory. I'm scared the team will burn out and lose a heartbreaker to the Pistons. Even with a victory, I still like the Spurs to repeat.

- The Bruins will make the playoffs for the first time since 2004, but will lose in the first round again. This team needs more offense, but it's highly unlikely for them to make a deadline deal.

- The Oscars will be a horrible telecast with the strike going on. I don't see them getting a waiver and it will be a year to forget. This may be one of the most exciting award years too, with many races still up in the air. Some many pundits including myself are clueless about the frontrunners in some races. It would have been a very suspenseful show.

- "There Will Be Blood" won't win best picture at the Oscars. Neither will "Atonement" or "Sweeney Todd". Although, I think this film is overrated (a la "Crash"), "No Country for Old Men" will take the top prize.

- The WGA strike will end sometime over the summer after months of suffering. The sad part is that everything will go back to normal and in five years, people will probably forget it ever happened.

- I have no idea when it will be, but I will be launching my website sometime in 2008. I've been working on it during the last two months of 2007, so it's just a matter of time.

- I will get a job within the entertainment industry, but it probably won't be for the company I thought it would be for. Basically, too much time will pass and everything will fall apart before I ever get my second interview with Industry Entertainment.

- Whatever job I get when I return to California will be a complete joke. I really don't care about anything until I begin my career in the film industry.

- If another job came in Mississippi, I would probably take it in a heartbeat due to my current situation. I don't see it happening, but never say never.

- With only a couple months remaining on the lease, I will stay in Glendale until it ends in May. It doesn't make any sense for me to leave early even though I had someone lined up. Sorry, Trish.

- I will finally go to Las Vegas before the year is over. I can just feel it.

- Unless I get really lazy, I'm still determined to run a 5k sometime during the year.

- "Sweet Pea" will get into a couple more film festivals. After that, I'm going to retire the film to the rafters. I want the film to go out on my own terms.

- I will probably not attend my high school five year reunion. Although, it would be "fun" to see a couple people, I don't see it happening. To put it bluntly, I never liked anyone in high school enough to spend over three hundred dollars on a round trip plane ticket for a weekend.

- I will probably lose my virginity by the end of the year, but it will be completely illegal. It's called prostitution.

- I hope to increase my readership throughout the year. According to Google Analytics, the average time someone spends on this site is under a minute. Basically, I have no readers. That's fine, I enjoy talking to myself...

1 comment:

Dicking Your Dragon said...

I spend time here MikkeyFlimmaker. You and I can be virtual friends as I am also launching my own website though I feel yours is probably further along.

looking forward to disagreeing with you soon.