The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Friday, January 11, 2008

It's Here

I’m officially launching the website today. Yes, the website I’ve been working on and off for the past two months. So without further ado, I bring you the mess, er, I mean site, Spaghetti Sauce and Sweet Peas!

I literally have no idea what this site will become. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while, so what the fuck, let’s do it. I would have preferred to have launched the site a little earlier, but it just was not ready. There’s still some work that I need to do, but considering the big awards are coming up, I wanted to have it for the rest of the season. Yeah, we have a couple problems due to the fact that this site currently does not appear on google or yahoo searches, but what can you do? If I waited for that, it might have been February or even later.

Due to trying to make this transition as smooth as possible, I will continue to be posting on my BlogSpot site probably for the next month or so, but would prefer you read the blog here. I’ve also importing all my blog posts from 2008 to this site, but none of the comments were carried over. Sorry.

I do want to get rid of my old blog site, but I do know I have some readers who still check it out. You know who I’m talking to. And I continue to encourage you to let friends know about this site and my blogging. I enjoy doing this, but I also appreciate knowing that people read what I write. It somewhat validates me sitting on my computer typing my life away.

My ultimate goal with this site is to cover the awards first and foremost. I love the movie awards season, but sadly there is an offseason where it’s absolutely foolish to talk about who will win the Oscar or Golden Globe in May. I consider the award season to be from October to February. And, even October is early. Things don’t even begin to make sense until at least late November.

So, I asked myself what the hell am I going to do the rest of the year with this site? That’s why there’s sports (another passion of mine) comes in, which is a year round event. That will help fill in the time. Plus, I also enjoy writing generally about entertainment, movies, music (preferably classic rock), and life.

I guess I like to consider this site a little bit of everything, even though I do have special interests. I want to find niche audiences, but it’s hard when you’re starting out. I admire bloggers such as Tom O’Neil (reason I ever got into analyzing awards), Jeff Wells, Sasha Stone, Kris Tapley, Anne Thompson, and of course Nikki Finke. Reading their blogs daily about the entertainment world gives me a reason to think that if I continue to blog my ass off, then maybe I’ll get a little more attention.

For now, I’ll just blog to the proud few that do visit this site. So, please sign up to the RSS feed, bookmark the site, and spread the love. And, hell if you have a blog, let me know and I would be happy to post it in my links section.

You have to start out somewhere, right?

Mikey Filmmaker
1/12/08
First Official Blog Post for Spaghetti Sauce and Sweet Peas

P.S. Don’t ask about the name of the site.

No comments: