The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Friday, January 25, 2008

I Am The Eggman



It didn't click for me the other day that this short film was actually about my idol, John Lennon. I'm not really sure why, considering that it plays on the title of one of Lennon's more famous songs. Anyway, I was curious if anyone has seen this short? If so, is it any good? Yeah, I know it got an Oscar nomination, but how well was it done?

Long story short, I actually am familiar with this interview and I have seen interview footage of Jerry Levitan talking about his famous encounter with Lennon. It's briefly discussed in a documentary called John & Yoko's Year of Peace(I think or maybe something else). It was on VH1 a couple times around Lennon's birthday (October 9th). It's a good documentary that looks at Lennon's year of bed ins and peace work (i.e. WAR IS OVER billboards and a peace festival in Toronto that never came about).

Anyway, I like the concept of illustration over the interview. I'd be curious how well it was done. If anyone has any info, please let me know.

No comments: