The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Sunday, December 9, 2007

"Blood" Not Drained Yet

The award season is just all over the place this year. Today was the big LA Film Critics awards and the NY Film Critics Online was also revealed tonight. And, who is the big winner? P.T. Anderson's "There Will Be Blood". I was going to update my prediction in the next day or so omitting Anderson's film, but not anymore. I thought it was dead, but it is in great shape.

The other big film that is gaining a lot of momentum is "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly", which is a foreign language film, but supposedly really good. Although, the big question is what is going on with "No Country for Old Men". Are people starting to realize this is an overrated film with too much hype because everyone loves the Coen Brothers? Granted, I think the film is great, but I think people are giving it way too much credit.

Anyway, I'll write about all these developments in the next couple days. I'm going to bed.

No comments: