The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Monday, December 17, 2007

14 Down, 5 To Go

As soon as I looked out my window yesterday, I knew the game was going to be close. Let's face it the Patriots are not a cold weather team this year. They are built to play in a dome with this high octane offensive air attack. With yesterday's win against the Jets, the Patriots have secured home field advantage and only have one more away game the rest of the year, traveling to the Giants in week 17.

With two games to go, I think it's safe to say they will run the regular season table. The Giants played horrible last night and the Dolphins were lucky to win against Baltimore. The bigger question should be whether Brady will break Peyton's TD record? I don't know the weather forecast for next week, but the weather I think will dictate whether that record falls.

Yeah, Brady threw six touchdowns against the Dolphins earlier in the year, but this time it's a little different. Does the record matter that much? I don't think they will say it publicly, but deep down it does. Every record for this team matters. There is absolutely no way you could tell me this team doesn't want to win every game and finish the season perfect. It means a hell of lot.

That leaves the biggest question of them all this week: Is this team vulnerable in the playoffs? The answer is yes. In New England in January, the Patriots will need to establish the run against the Colts, Jaguars, Steelers, Chargers, and Browns. We aren't talking about the Jets and Dolphins. I think their defense is playing better, but the invincibility is gone.

Now, the real test begins with five games to go (including the playoffs). I want them to win it all, but if I'm a fan of any playoff team, I would be confident that I have a shot against the mighty Patriots. They are beatable.

No comments: