The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

There Will Be Punch-Drunk Hard Boogie Magnolia Nights

I don't know what's up with me and standing in lines for long hours, but here I am again. Tomorrow there will be a preview screening of "There Will Be Blood" with a Q & A afterwards. Like with McCartney at Amoeba, I will try to keep a detailed blog of the day. I'm probably going to head down there around two or three in the afternoon. The screening starts at 7:00 p.m.

Of the big moment of tomorrow will be the possible chance to get to meet Paul Thomas Anderson who has been my favorite filmmaker since I was about 13 or so. Really, he is my only favorite filmmaker since I really got serious into movies around the late 1990s. It's funny, really, though to get a chance to meet him. After years of people looking at me strange when I tell them "Boogie Nights" is my favorite movie, I'll finally get to see its creator.

I'd like to take some pictures tomorrow, but I'm a little nervous bringing a camera. Last thing I want is to get in trouble for having a camera even though I will have no intention to use it during the actual film. It would actually be amazing to take a quick picture with Paul, but we will have to wait and see. Honestly, I would just love to meet the guy. The rest is purely extra.

I also have to give slight props to the WGA strike. Without the strike, there is a very good chance I would be working tomorrow. This now gives me the opportunity to get to wait in line for multiple hours on the side of the street. Life can simply not get any better.

I'll post in a day or so with the detailed blog and review of the film.

P.S. I thought of that title myself. Aren't you proud of me?

No comments: