The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

That's a Wrap: One Year Later

"Sweet Pea" wrapped a year ago today. I think the last shot went off a little past midnight on November 6th. It's crazy to think it's been one year. The film is finished besides for a very minor adjustment (ending credits need to be redone). I still need to get the poster and dvd art finished, but that has been on the shelf for the moment. Don’t worry, I haven't forgotten about it. Otherwise, I'm slowly dealing with film festivals.

Shooting this film went by in a flash. I have a lot of memories from that film. Some are good and some are bad, but I think to think of it as a more positive experience. I have no idea if I'll ever direct again, so this will always been my film and nothing will ever take that away.

Yeah, the film premiered in Boston, but that was a huge disappointment. One that few people really know how much I was devastated over the whole situation. Really, it was supposed to be so good, yet was so bad. Still, part of me is still trying to get over the whole fiasco.

As for the future, I don't really know where the film is going. There's a chance it might not ever show at another festival. If true, so be it. I'm not going to live and die from film festivals. It's a foolish way to live as a filmmaker. Would I like to show at more festivals? Yeah, but after BFF, it doesn't matter. I'm not going to put myself through all that bullshit again.

I've got more important things to worry about in my life. Finding employment and love are much higher on the to do list. "Sweet Pea" was a great film. One I will never forget, but when it's the end of the day, it's still only a student short film. And, honestly, that only says so much in this business.

No comments: