The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Surviving Black Friday

Well, Black Friday was three days ago and I'm still recovering. Yeah, it was a day to remember. I don't know if you've never experienced it before, but you should once. And, I don't mean show up at the mall in the afternoon. I'm talking about being hardcore and doing it at five in the morning.

I decided not to go to sleep and stay up the night before. I just didn't feel like waking up, so I spent my night working on some stuff here and there. Simply trying to pass the time. The big problem during this time was I also somewhat out of it. Combined with being tired, I drank a little wine, smoked a little weed, and I don't even recall what happened. I've always slept off a high, so it was something new for me to not go to bed. It's an odd feeling, one I can't described.

By the time I was ready to leave, I was back to normal. Although, I was still tired. I went to Best Buy and realized there had to be at least 300 people already in line. There were news trucks out front and it was a little crazy. I waited in line and got in, did a little dvd shopping and left. Then, I headed to the real mall with this new burst of energy. When I arrived, the mall felt like it was in the afternoon or something. It's like 6:00 a.m. and people are walking around eating soft pretzels.

I did a little more browsing and buying before I called it quits. I wanted to go to Circuit City, but the line was too long and they were not letting people in very fast. I got back to the apartment around 8:00 a.m. and fell asleep. I woke up at about 4:00 p.m. on Friday and decided to head back to the mall. Why? Well, I wanted to go to Circuit City because they had really good deals. The mall was probably busier than the morning, but there was no line for Circuit City. I then proceeded to shop for the best dvd deals.

When it was all set and done, I considered the day a success. Although, I now need to get a new dvd case because I've officially run out of room.

No comments: