The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007

I was shocked this morning to find out that Redskins safety, Sean Taylor, had died this morning, a day after being shot in the leg at his home. Apparently, the blood loss was too much. Now, the NFL and its fans have been robbed of a great player. I'm not a Redskins fan, but I know that Taylor was a damn good player. I remember back when he was drafted, the Patriots were thinking about trading up to pick him. It didn't happen, but after that I knew I needed to keep my eye on him.

Last year, he was a pro bowler and I think I share this opinion with many when I say his career was just beginning. Sadly, his name will be added to a group of athletes whose careers ended prematurely by a tragic death.

Sean Taylor was 24 years old and a father of a one year old girl. He will be missed.

No comments: