The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Bleeping Strike

For those who don't know, I went on an interview last week for a job with Industry Entertainment. They are a management company and the CE at Kopelson started out there, so he sent my resume over. I had a really good interview and I left there feeling good.

Then, the WGA had to strike on Monday and fucked everything up. Now, before you go crazy, I'm not saying the strike wasn't warranted, but when you're at the bottom the strike hurts you most. I'm not in the negotiating room, so I don't have all the facts, but figure something out. For the love of God and my sanity, come to an agreement!

Let me summarize the correspondence from IE and the CE at Kopelson. IE said that they were impressed with me and the recommendation carries a lot of weight. Unfortunately, we are in a hiring freeze until the strike ends. The CE told me that it kinda sucks, but looks like I'll be in good shape, post strike.

Post strike! That could be six months from now. So, the reality sets in that my life is falling apart and I'm slowly going crazy. I might have had that job. Now, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. Any suggestions, would be appreciated...

No comments: