The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

World Series Begins Tonight

Tonight the 103rd World Series begins. Pitting my hometown team, the Boston Red Sox, against the Colorado Rockies. It's hard not to think this will be another boring World Series. I just am not impressed by this Colorado team. Many people joke about not being able to name five players on the team, but it's true. I can probably name a good amount now, but that's solely because I've been reading a lot on them.

One thing you can't deny is the fact that Colorado is extremely hot. Although, most people will agree that the absolute worst thing for a hot team is rest. And, yes the Rockies haven't played in over a week. And, yes the Rockies have to play at Fenway Park. A much worse stadium to be the away team than either Philadelphia or Arizona.

The Red Sox have their confidence back and let's be honest, how can they lose? This reminds me of 2004 since they were so hot that the Cardinals shouldn't have even showed up to the games. They never had the lead in all four games. It was one of the most lopsided World Series ever. Now, flashforward a couple years and it's a very similar situation.

Do I like the Red Sox in this series? Yeah, I do. First, I'm not going to pick against them because they are my team. Second, I simply think they are better than the Rockies. More experience, better pitching, and a better lineup.

Oh, and let me clarify that I'm not happy about the prospect of having to buy World Series championship apparel. I promise not to go as crazy as I did back in 2004, but it's hard not to. I think it's a natural instinct for a fan. Remember from June 1986 to February 2002, no championships were won for the city of Boston. So, fans tend to indulge themselves with hats and t-shirts to make up for lost time.

No comments: