The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Moving (AGAIN)

For those who haven't heard, it looks like I will be leaving Glendale hopefully by the end of the month. Why? Well, it just wasn't meant to be. Me and Glendale are a bad combo. I think the city has some potential, but was highly disappointed. Believe it or not, I actually liked living in Orange about ten times more. Better restaurants/quick bites, more accessible fast food joints, cheaper gas, and more to do.

So, where to now? Not really sure yet. Somewhere definitely more west. My roommates and I had this idea that Glendale was "close" to LA and would shorten our commutes. In reality, the commute is not that much shorter. Seriously. You save about 45 minutes. If you're traveling to Beverly Hills, Century City, or West Hollywood for example you're still looking at close to 20 miles each way. Granted Glendale is cheaper than those areas, but the commute is killer. Believe me I know since I drove to and from Century City twice a week while still interning at Kopelson.

As for the places I've looked at so far it's been a mixed bag. You have to have this mindset that the place is not going to be amazing, but you also don't want to be forced living in a dump for one year. I've looked at apartments in Koreatown, Hollywood, and Culver City so far. I might be checking out a place in Westwood within the next couple days.

Of course another big variable in this whole situation is whether I do get the job with an agency. I do have an interview with one of the "Big 5" on Tuesday. I'm sure I'll have more on that tomorrow. All I know is that if I get this job, then I will not want to be commuting from Glendale to Century City for a long time. Add on top of a possible 12 hour day and life will be living hell.

Still, I just have to be patient and I'll find my next "penthouse". At least I'll be getting overtime.

No comments: