The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Five Minutes Extended

Today was the big CAA interview. As expected the five minutes came and went rather quickly. Honestly, I barely remember anything about the interview. At least for me, I got so much running through my head that I have a horrible memory during interviews. I literally live question by question and try not to think too much of what was said or done. I don't like correcting myself, so I just live with it. Although, I thought the interview went better than expected.

It was not a conventional interview to say the least. The interviewer from HR spent most of his time looking at the computer and I felt a couple awkward pauses as he scanned my resume. Then, he concluded the interview by saying, "Can you come back on Thursday at 3:30 p.m. to meet with (Name omitted for personal reasons). He's looking for a 2nd assistant."

This person is a senior motion picture lit agent and his client list boasts names such as Stephen King, Wolfgang Peterson, and Jimmy Buffett to name a few. Would I have preferred to interview for a lower profile desk? In some ways yes, but this now gives me an opporunity to learn from not only my agent, but also the 1st assistant. It's also in motion picture lit (writers/directors/producers/etc). If I "survived" this desk, my career could truly lead to much bolder possibilities. The exposure alone could be priceless.

My only "screwup" in the whole interview was when he said that Rand wanted a two year commitment. This threw me off a little (usually they want only one) and he saw it, but I recovered saying that I wouldn't be here if I didn't want this job. I told him I'm willing to do whatever it takes to be an agent's assistant.

Looking back, two years is a long time, but time flies by. Can you imagine two years at arguably the biggest agency in the world. It could be the beginning of the next great American producer.

Now, I'm simply going to relax tomorrow and dream a little. It's hard to fathom that The Dream could soon be The Reality.

No comments: