The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mississippi No Go

Unfortunately, last night I found out that I will not be returning to Mississippi in late August. The music event has been postponed to a later date and might be canceled all together. So, there ends my association with Mississippi Visions, LLC. At least I made 5500 dollars.

The good thing is now I can focus on my trip back home. I can enjoy life for a little longer before I start looking for a job. The plan right now is probably fly back in late August and stay until late September. Everything is pending right now because I'm also waiting to hear back from the Boston Film Festival.

Part of me doesn't even want to accepted since I've been so frustrated with the whole situation. I was supposed to be notified in late July and the notification date was changed to mid August. It's funny that the more and more I read about it, the more I find out that this is not a great festival. People complain that as big of an arts center the city is, this festival doesn't represent it well. I keep hearing that The Festival in Boston is The Independent Film Festival of Boston, which I will also be submitting to soon (the deadline is 9/30).

I guess the only thing to really do is sit and wait. I'm at the point where I just want to know an answer. I need to book a plane ticket!

No comments: