The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School is Tomorrow (Just Kidding!)

For the last however many years, I would be mentally preparing to head back to school. Tomorrow, for example, is the first day of school at Chapman. Yet, here I am, writing an entry in my blog at a little past 1:00 a.m. Yes, the reality has set in. I'm finally done with my formal education.

Maybe it's me, but I think this is a big moment in your life. Of course, the cool thing to say would be that I need to go to work in the morning, but I'm not cool. I'm unemployed to be more accurate. Although, I have my reasons, namely going back home in less than a week for the majority of September.

I've been thinking that really getting ready to head to school with your pens, paper, and books is not really a "bad" thing. As great as the real world is, you have to deal with the harsh realities of life that you can avoid while still in school. Namely, what I call "The Dream". Unfortunately, for you the reader, I'm not going to discuss that right now. I'll probably touch upon it towards the end of September. All I know, is "The Dream" is now "The Reality" and it hurts.

So, good luck my fellow Chapman friends and everyone around the world. Enjoy your classes while I sit at my apartment and watch re-runs of "The Wonder Years".

No comments: