The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Monday, August 20, 2007

Erase/Rewind

Maybe I'm just in one of those moods, but don't you wish you could go back in time and change big mistakes you've made in your life? Lately, I've been thinking about that a lot. Mostly in regards to the fact of my current residence in the glorious city of Glendale.

I've had a lot of tough luck when it comes to housing. There was the awkward apartment situation during junior year with Anthony, Peter, and Steven. There was the foreclosure during senior year. And, now there's living in Glendale as a college graduate. Now, let me say this right now that I don't hate this city. I just hate it for my situation.

You would think that a guy who graduated college would have had enough brains to release only a dumbass moves this far out of Los Angeles when they know their first job is probably going to be in the heart of the city. So, what happens? You screw yourself and your life for the next 12 months.

Luckily, I got a lucky gig in Mississippi, but the dream is over and it's time to wake up. Reality is upon us, my friends and now you're "stuck in a pickle" as the old saying goes. I can either work in Beverly Hills/West Hollywood and literally have no life (granted I have no life now, but it will be even worse) or I can do something else until the spring (wasting a year of my life, which pisses me off to no end).

Yeah, I guess I didn't HAVE to sign the contract, but what was I going to do? Live by myself? Every other film major I knew is playing chicken and still living in Orange County or too intimidated to enter Hollywood. So, here I am trying to figure out my next move. I need to find a job when I return. It's just a question of what the fuck it's going to be.

No wonder why I'm staying in Massachusetts for almost a month. I'm fucking scared of the reality that lies ahead.

No comments: