The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

You've Got to be Kidding Me?!

I just have to write about this very quickly, since I don't want to waste my time on pure stupidity. I was just on imdb.com and there was a poll about 2007 movies not deserving a "top 250" spot (The top 250 movies of all time, let me add). If you thought the new AFI top 100 was bad, then you will be shocked at this.

#33 - "Ratatouille"
#77 - "Grindhouse"
#125 - "Hot Fuzz"
#188 - "Zodiac"
#199 - "Knocked Up"
#201 - "Live Free or Die Hard"

You've got to be kidding me? Yes, I've only seen "Knocked Up", but are you telling me that any of these movies are the best 250 ever mad in the history of cinema. It's a known fact that imdb.com's top 250 has been a joke, but now it's a fucking joke. I don't need to see "Grindhouse" to realize that its NOT better than "2001" (#79), "Some Like It Hot" (#81) or "On the Waterfront" (#88) to name just a few examples. Hell, probably Quentin would agree with me. As for Robert, he probably really thinks so, which is why I have never been a fan of him.

Luckily, as time progresses most of these films will drop down or even fall off the list. It is just a sad feature on the site. I really think imdb.com should get rid of it. It's a slap in the face to the film business even if it's the fans voting. The problem with the feature is that if you like the movie, people automatically give it a 10. A thought process of "why" is unheard of to most people.

You can agree or disagree if you want, but there is no way in hell you can made a strong argument about any of the movies I listed besides maybe "Knocked Up" and I still argue that might be a little stretch. Some of them are really good, if not great, but not among the 250 greatest films ever made. You've got to be kidding me!

No comments: