The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Friday, July 6, 2007

Surprising Responses

You know I really thought there would be more of a debate about whether I should take this gig in Mississippi. Not one person has told me I shouldn't do it. I personally find that very surprising. I guess I have my issues with the job because it's really not what I want to do in this business and I don't want to fall into this trap. Everyone says it will never happen, but I've seen it happen to a lot of people in many different career fields.

Of course the trap I'm writing about is that you become lazy and fall into a career that you never really wanted. You get into this comfort zone, so why leave? The only good thing about this gig is the fact that it's short and I'm unemployed. As long as I can refocus and start interviewing again, then I should be fine. Right? Plus, the "great" thing about freelance is that work is usually not steady. It's not a 9-5 job, five days a week.

I would say right now, I'm over 90% sure that I'm going to take this job for the simple reason that I'm stupid if I don't under my current circumstances. They are paying for everything and then paying me a day rate. Can't really complain even if I tried. Plus, it's a Holiday Inn, which is a decent hotel. Quick side note, I stayed a Holiday Inn while attending that movie workshop during the summer of 2002. Coincidence? I think not.

No comments: