The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Monday, July 2, 2007

The Stupidity of the iPhone

If you didn't notice, Apple just released their new iPhone the other day. You can walk into any Apple Store to find a gathering of people standing around, waiting for their turn to play with the damn thing. I really love Apple and all it stands for. I have never owned a windows based computer in my entire life. Yes, I have been an Apple supporter even when the times were really rough. My problem is that the iPhone is a phone. A fucking phone, people!

People lined up to get this damn thing days before it went on sale. It should be against the law to line up for anything materialistic. People line up for Paul McCartney concerts at Amoeba, not to get a phone. Or is lining up becoming the next American fad? Next week maybe everyone will start lining up for this fan that has ten features on it. Then, days after it goes on sale and you can't buy it, people will gather around the damn thing and wait for it to hit them in the face with a gust of wind.

Yes, I realize the iPhone has all these features on them and is the next era of cell phones, but give me a break and look at yourself in the mirror. It's still just a phone and if you don't have one yet, there's no need to cry like a pussy. You'll live. I promise.

No comments: