The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Monday, July 30, 2007

R.I.P. Ingmar Bergman

This must sadly be the time of the year that international filmmakers pass away. Laszlo Kovacs died last week and now Ingmar Bergman has passed away at the age of 89. Bergman defined Swedish cinema and is considered one of the greatest filmmakers of the 20th century.

I've seen two of his films, "The Seventh Seal" and "Wild Strawberries" (my favorite). Two classic that stand the test of time. I saw both films in film school. I think I even saw "Wild Strawberries" on laserdisc at Fitchburg. Anyway, you have to give Ingmar credit for all his work and I highly recommend you watch his films.

Here is his imdb page (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000005).

Ingmar Bergman
1918-2007

No comments: