The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Is Access to "The Club" Too Easy?

As you can probably tell by reading this, I usually don't hold anything back. So, I don't have a problem telling everyone that I can legall smoke marijuana in the state of California. Yes, you did hear me right. Today, I got my one year prescription for medical marijuana. Why? I'm sick of dealing with drug dealers and their high price bullshit. Plus, are there really any disadvantages? Not really.

If you ever read my previous blog, the California Chronicles, you know I recently I had issues. I don't like to hold back any punches, so I will say that going into the visit I had some documentation for being legit. It's not like I was making up that I had anxiety or depression, etc. Did I exaggerate? Depends on who you talk to. All I do know is that, the doctor I saw must be making a fortune. He charges 125 for a year subscription. And while I was in the office, there were easily ten people getting their prescription.

That brings my point as to why some people question the cannabis club and its counterparts. It's really not that hard to get a recommendation. They don't advertise that, but if you have any of the listed symptoms, you won't get turned away. The doctor wants the money and the clubs want to sell you the weed. It has to be a lucrative business for all.

Some people have stronger cases than others, but what I saw in that office is that people want to get high. They want to escape this horrible decade and what this world is becoming (At least I do). It makes a strong case to me at least, that marijuana should be legalized. If it's done right, then why not? Is there a crime if people want to "get high". As long as you don't deal, drive a car, operate a machine, consume around children or in public, then it's fine by me.

I'm not going to tell you the doctor I saw, but let me put it this way. I went in, talked to him for a little, and walked out with my prescription. And you're off to the more than 200 cannabis suppliers in southern California. Oh, and most of them give you free gifts, too. Wink. Wink.

No comments: