The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Fourth!

Today, Americans celebrate their independence. It's the Fourth of July. It's always been one of my favorites for the simple reason of grilling meat and blowing off fireworks. It can't be beat. Yes, I'm going to a cookout today, which hopefully has plenty of meat, bear, and attractive women. As for the fireworks, I think it might be an off year. I know I sadly didn't buy any.

Speaking of sad, most Americans forget that 231 years ago a group of Patriots signed this document to become independent. Even sadder is most Americans can probably rehearse Bill Pullman's speech in "Independence Day" better than Thomas Jefferson's document. I'm not saying you should analyze the Declaration of Independence, but you should probably know the first couple lines. "When in the course of human events..."

This movie isn't great, but if you want to watch a fun movie about Independence Day, you should watch "1776" with Mr. Feeney from "Boy Meets World". It's a musical about them writing the document. Not very deep, but it's fun to watch if you have nothing to do.

Anyway, enjoy the day off. I know I will. Wait a second, I don't even work.

No comments: