The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Monday, July 16, 2007

Good Ole Miss

It's been a long couple days, so excuse me for not posting. We've been all over the place and as expected it is starting to pick up after a slow couple days. I went to Ole Miss or the University of Mississippi for all you "outsiders" today for an interview. I think we drove over 200 miles total. It was long, but we did stop at the liquor store for wine (Yay!). I got myself some Pinot Noir from New Zealand. The guy at the store recommended it and it has a sheep on the bottle.

I know I've been somewhat harsh with the south, but it's slowly starting to grow on me. I still could never live here, but it's not that bad. I've actually enjoyed hanging out with the locals here. Lee our driver simply cracks me up. In the south, if you order iced tea you either get unsweet tea (Most of the country consider this sweet tea) and sweet tea (Basically an overdose of sweetness, literally). Well, Lee and Drew like sweet tea. So today, we stop at this restaurant for lunch and the place only had unsweet tea. So, you have Lee pouring sugar packets into the glass to make it sweet. He said something like, "I like my tea sweet." Lee reminds me of a white version of Bubba from "Forrest Gump" save the blackness (He's white) and the lips. Everything out of his mouth is funny. He has that same effect that Orlando had on me a couple summers ago. I guess you would call it unintentional humor.

Even, William is a great guy. Drew's problem is he never talks about anything. William will at least talk to you and he actually got a lot in common with me. I actually managed to have a really good conversation with him about classic rock and he knew his shit. Believe me I know because I tested him throughout our talk.

Going back to Ole Miss, the campus is huge. Kind of reminds me of UCLA a little. The area is nice though and I took a couple good pictures. Of course, I forgot my firewire cable for my camera, so no uploading for me anytime soon.

In the words of Bubba, "That's all I gotta say about that"

No comments: