The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Beer, Burgers, and Bottle Rockets

Actually, we didn't have any bottle rockets last night, which was disappointing. Those were always fun to blow off back in the day. I just wanted another "b" word and lets face it bottle rockets sound better than bombs.

Right, enough rambling on that random subject. I went to the Fourth of July party yesterday in LA. I have a motto in life that says any time you get invited anywhere with free beer and food, you should never decline the offer. Hence, my attendance at the event. It was an okay gathering of people. Most of whom, my roommates and I didn't know. A couple friends from Chapman came up for a little, which gave us some more people to talk to. We even met this guy who kept telling us how "Dexter" was shot in Long Beach and was somewhat creeping us out.

Although, the award for creepiness at this year's Fourth goes to...(Opens up envelope) Mr. Sweden! Congratulations, you've won a brand new pair of capri pants! Someone forgot to tell him that this is the Fourth of July, not the Sixth of June (Sweden's independence day, for all the uneducated readers out there. Don't worry, I got your back). That translates to "you don't matter today because this day is all about the legal residents of the United States". People say, "Fuck the French." I say, "Fuck the Swedes." This has nothing to do with the fact that I think Ms. N is cute (Don't worry I know she likes Mr. N and I know Mr. N likes her. I'm not surprised. It happens to me all the time. I'm getting used to girls giving me the cold shoulder for "better" guys. Sincerely, Permanently Single Blogger). The reason I say that is when you start making out at a party, your friend should not be taking pictures and video of you two getting it on with his cell phone. It's fucking creepy.

You see that's the thing with LA, you meet a lot of creepy people. LA is full of them. And when you start meeting Swedes, they have completely different values on life. For example, they think it's okay to fuck a horse in the ass for excitement. Or chop the head off a chicken and try to jerk off while it dances around headless. They just dig that stuff. I guess you just have to accept them for who they are. From their prospective, they probably think its odd that a man and a woman have sex together in a bed.

Wow, I think I am going to severely regret writing that tangent on Swedes. I just got really excited when I started to write it and the rest is history. I guess that's just my style, so if you don't like it, then you probably won't like this blog.

No comments: