The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

What a Deal!

I was going to write about this last night, but I never got the chance. I went shopping at this store in the Century City mall, Veni Vidi Vici, which is a European clothing store. They had this deal of 3 items for 99 dollars. I figured it was a good deal considering the retail value of all the clothes in their is roughly 80 dollars each.

Anyway, I go in there and start looking around. The sales rep starts talking to me and asks if I smoke. I replied that I had no cigarettes on me, which he then replied that he meant kush (marijuana for all you "stupid" readers). I was a little confused and politely rejected since I really don't like buying off people I have never met before in my life. So we keep talking and he tells me how he is a member of the cannabis club (medical marijuana term in California) and how it helps him battle his former cocaine addiction. Then, he asks if I wanted a hit. Now, remember I am at a store in the mall. Okay, so the guy is by himself, but still I couldn't believe it. Once again, I politely rejected the offer since I still had to drive to Glendale.

I decided I wanted to try on a pair of pants, so I am shown to the back by this guy. He then tells me while I try on the pants, he is going to take a hit. There I am trying on these jeans while the sales rep is taking a hit off a bong. Finally, I decide to make my purchase and buy the clothes off this stoned guy. He starts ringing the clothes and has me sign the credit card receipt. As I sign, I notice that the receipt is only for roughly 70 dollars which is much less than I anticipated. I proceed to quietly sign the receipt and quickly leave the store.

The guy was apparently so stoned that he forgot to ring in one of the items and I had one hell of a deal. Now, maybe I am going to hell because of it, but that's their fault. I am not against marijuana, but you have to smoke wisely and not on a job. You get what you ask for. The guy told me that he just started two weeks ago and at this rate he will be lucky if he survives two more.

No comments: