The ONLY Oscar Blogger, who lives in walking distance to the Kodak Theater!

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Top 5 Concerts I've Ever Attended

5. Eric Clapton, The Fleet Center (renamed TD BankNorth Garden), Boston, MA, June 11, 2001

Unlike his show in 2006, this one satisfied all the fans. He played great guitar riffs while still playing well known hits. This was also the second concert I ever went to (I saw U2, three days earlier at the same venue). Clapton was at his best and you really saw why he is the greatest guitarist alive today. Hell, Billy Preston (Known for his work with The Beatles) even played that night with him. He also played an accoustic and electric set. Of course, I will always remember this show for the simple reason of marijuana. I didn't know what is smelled like and I asked my Dad how he knew. He just said, "You know." Many years later, I agree.

4. Jack's First Show, Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre, Irvine, CA, August 19, 2006

I honestly never thought this would be that great of a concert, but it surpassed my expectations. The acts were not amazing, but as a collective unit were damn good. The Violent Femmes, Cheap Trick, Billy Idol, Journey, and Def Leppard were on the bill. Not as crazy as the Amoeba show, but it was a long day, so you really got to know your neighbors. I met some interesting characters to say the least. We formed a bond as the night progressed. This concert also really got me much more into every band, which I think states how good of a show it really was.

3. Paul McCartney, Arrowhead Pond (renamed Honda Center), Anaheim, CA, November 11, 2005

It was the second time I saw Paul. It was a different venue and I saw it alone. I guess those were the first two factors why the 2002 show was better. To really compare the set lists would be pointless. There are always going to be minor changes, but Paul is great for always playing the hits. This was still a great show and a simple joy to see one of the true living legends of music.

2. Paul McCartney, Fleet Center, (renamed TD BankNorth Garden), Boston, MA, October 1, 2002

I debated kicking this out of the top spot. I really did. It was my first time seeing Paul. I sat in the last row of the balcony of the Fleet Center with my Dad. I always thought that was really cool. Paul really blew me away that night. It was at a time in my life when I was really getting into the Beatles a lot more. After that show, I officially became a fanatic. Long story short, this was the second leg of his 2002 tour (Back in the U.S. not Driving U.S.A.). Dad couldn't get tickets to the first leg, so he somehow managed to get these and barely considering our seats. That's another reason why I loved this show. It was just one of those nights, you never forget and I'm so glad that I got to spend it with my Dad in the last row of the balcony.

1. Paul McCartney, Amoeba Records, Hollywood, CA, June 27, 2007

I don't know if I'm just really high on this show since it was last night or if it was really that damn good. I just wrote a ton about it already, so I won't try to repeat myself. I waited in a long line over a period of two days. It was such a small show that less than a 1000 people were there. You were also only surrounded by diehard Beatle fans, which made it even cooler. Plus, you have the presence of people like Ringo Starr and Olivia Harrison as well as a handfull of celebrities literally right in front of me. You just know it's a special night that will never be repeated. Okay, so maybe Paul didn't play as many songs or the sound system wasn't as good, but who cares? You got a chance to see him up close and personal at a fucking record store. It doesn't get any better than that.

No comments: